Melissa Cash is the co-founder and CEO of Pok Pok, a digital company based in Toronto whose mission is to help raise the next generation of creative thinkers through digital play experiences. She has, since this episode was recorded, given birth to her first child and is excited to see what parenthood has in store.
- What Pok Pok is and why the company was created
- Melissa’s experience being a woman in tech
- What being a toymaker even means
- Why Pok Pok hand draws their artwork—and why they focus on primary colours
- Addictive technology and screen time
- Embracing and feeding your kids’ curiosity
For more Melissa Cash and Pok Pok, please visit:
@PlayPokPok on Instagram
Pok Pok Playroom in the App Store
Pok Pok on the web
@MelissaCash_ on Twitter
From our sponsors:
- Nellie’s isn’t just cute packaging…it’s a Canadian brand striving to make planet-friendly, simple and honest products for the whole home. Make the switch to green cleaning today using code HALO25 at checkout for 25% off your purchase. (This excludes bundles, sets and sale items.)
- One in six couples experiences infertility in Canada. Help find meaning and purpose in life with the Canadian Surrogacy Community and have the opportunity to help create families for those who cannot do it alone.
*Warning—this podcast is completely unfiltered. If you are around young children, we suggest headphones.
**Disclaimer: All opinions of our guests are their own and in no way represent those of Alana Kayfetz